Baggage and Other Service Fees
Baggage Fee Exceptions
Unaccompanied Minor Service Fee
Sun Country Airlines booking/change/refund fees
First Class Upgrades
In-Flight – (buy on-board)
Change Fee Protection (UFlex)
Arrival and Departure Taxes and Fees
Advance purchase of baggage fee by phone or online: (more than one (1) hour prior to departure for domestic flights and more than 24 hours prior to departure for international flights). Please note: Pre-paid baggage fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- First bag - $20.00 one-way
- Second bag - $30.00 one-way
Baggage fees when paid at the airport:
- First bag - $25.00 one way
- Second bag - $35.00 one way
- Additional bags (more than two) - $75.00 per bag/one-way
Excess Baggage fee
- All overweight bags (over 50 lbs. & under 99 lbs.) - $75.00 per bag/one way
- All oversized bags (over 62 linear inches) - $75.00 per bag/one-way
*Please click here for more baggage information.
Our carry-on policy provides each ticketed passenger the following allowance at no additional charge:
- One (1) carry-on bag which may not exceed any of the following dimensions: 24” long x 16” wide x 11” tall (including wheels, handles, or any other protruding items), and may not exceed 35 pounds in weight.
Passengers may also carry:
- One (1) smaller personal item (e.g., purse, laptop, etc.) which may not exceed any of the following dimensions: 16” long x 11’’ wide x 8” tall. This item must be stowed under the seat in front of them.
- Full fare First Class purchased in advance - First and second bag fees waived.
- First Class upgrades (either pre-purchased or occurring at airport) - First bag fee waived.
- Ufly ELITE members - First and second bag fees waived when card is presented at airport.
- Sun Country Airlines® Visa® Cardholders - First bag fee waived when Sun Country Visa® card is presented at airport.
- Active Duty Military Personnel (traveling on official orders) - First and second bag fees waived.
- Unaccompanied Minors who have paid the $75 UMNR service fee - First bag fee waived
- Passengers traveling on specially contracted Group tickets - First bag fee and/or second bag fee may be waived.
- Passengers who have purchased an international flight and hotel package through Sun Country Vacations - First bag fee waived.
A variety of select sporting equipment items may be transported at a cost of $75 per item/one-way. See the associated web page for full details on each item.
*Please click here for additional information.
- Pets as checked baggage - $199.00 one way/per kennel/per flight segment fee that must be paid at the airport.
- Pets as Carry-on Luggage - $125.00 one way/per pet.
*Please click here to view additional information and conditions which apply to customers checking a pet as baggage as well as required documentation.
Seat assignments for seats behind the exit row are available at no charge, subject to availability. Seat assignments for exit row seats and in front of the exit row are available for a fee, per flight segment. If there are no seats available behind the exit row, and you opt not to purchase a preferred seat, seats will be assigned at the airport prior to departure at no charge. Seat selection fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
$10 seat fee (purchased prior to arrival at the airport)
- Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX to/from Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN and all Sun Country destinations in Mexico
- Ft. Myers, FL to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Lansing, MI to/from Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN and Washington, DC
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN to/from Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX; Harlingen, TX; Lansing, MI; New York City, NY; and Washington, DC
$15 seat fee (purchased prior to arrival at the airport)
- Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX to/from Liberia, Costa Rica; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN to/from all Sun Country destinations in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, and Seattle, WA, plus Nassau, Bahamas
$20 seat fee (purchased prior to arrival at the airport)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN to/from all Sun Country destinations in Mexico, plus Anchorage, AK; Liberia, Costa Rica; Montego Bay, Jamaica; Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; St. Martin/St. Maarten; St. Thomas, USVI; and San Juan, Puerto Rico
$25 seat fee (purchased at the airport)
- Exit row seats
Unaccompanied Minor Fee - $75.00 per family, per flight segment (this fee is in addition to the ticket price).
- First bag fee waived
*Please click here for additional unaccompanied minor service information.
- Reservations Center booking fee - $15.00 (per reservation)
- Request for copy of purchase receipts - $15.00
- Change Fee only: (any difference in airfare is additional)
- Name change - Domestic - $100.00 per ticket.
- Name change - International - $150.00 per ticket
- Itinerary Change - Domestic - $100.00 per domestic ticket.
- Itinerary Change - International - $150.00 per international ticket.
- Service fee to refund a First Class ticket
- Domestic – $100.00 per ticket.
- International – $150.00 per ticket.
*Please click here for additional ticket change, cancellation and “no show” information.
Enjoy faster check in, shorter security lines and priority boarding. Then recline in luxurious comfort and experience First Class Sun Country® style, with our personalized, award-winning service on-board the plane. See First Class upgrade pricing.
Sun Country offers a variety of food, drinks and in-flight entertainment options which can be purchased using a debit or credit card. Please note, cash is not accepted.
Food and Snack service is available for purchase from $2.00 to $10.00*
Beverages service is available for purchase from $2.00 to $7.00*
Other on-board items
Sun Country Digital Entertainment Device** – $12.00 for International and Alaska flights to and from Minneapolis / St. Paul and $8.00 for all other flight segments Headsets – $1.00 Pillow/Blanket Travel Pack – $5.00
**Sun Country Digital Entertainment Device are available on select flights with flight times 3 hours or longer
*All in-flight items are subject to availability and price changes.
Travel Insurance: A variety of travel insurance plans are offered through Travel Guard Insurance Company.
Please click here for additional information.
- $30 per passenger, per air only reservation for domestic and international flights, one-way or round-trip.
Please click here for additional information.
U.S. government-imposed taxes and fees are included in your Sun Country purchase, however some destinations and/or hotels may collect additional taxes or fees when you arrive in or depart from the destination. These fees are NOT included in your Sun Country purchase and must be paid in the destination. Click here for additional information.