Terms & Conditions
Sun Country Airlines Terms & Conditions
Sun Country is owned and operated by MN Airlines LLC d/b/a Sun Country Airlines (Sun Country).
Welcome and thank you for visiting the Sun Country website (www.suncountry.com (the "Site"). In return for gaining access to our website and using it, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Sun Country reserves the right to change these terms and to make changes to any of the products or programs described in the website at anytime without notice or liability. Any such revisions are prospectively binding on you and therefore you should periodically visit this page when you use the website to review the then current agreement that binds you.
Ownership of Company Information
Information concerning Sun Country and its services, including flight schedules, status of Sun Country flights, routes, fares, text, graphics, data compilations, icons, audit and video clips, digital downloads, and logos are referred to as "Company Information." Sun Country owns all copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names relating to the Company Information and the Company Information is proprietary to Sun Country.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Sun Country's website and any Company Information are available to you only to reference, evaluate or purchase Sun Country's services and products. You may use the Sun Country website and any company information only for personal, non-commercial purposes. Except in the connection with your authorized use of the Sun Country website, you may not copy, modify, display, license, distribute, transmit, display or download the company information without Sun Country's written consent. Do not use the Sun Country website to make any speculative or false reservation.
Links to other websites
Sun Country's website may have links to partner websites which are not operated, controlled or maintained by Sun Country. Sun Country is not responsible for the content of such websites and cannot guarantee that such websites will not change without our knowledge, and inclusion of such links in the Sun Country website does not imply Sun Country's endorsement or approval of the linked websites or their content.
Liability Disclaimers THE CONTENT AND COMPANY INFORMATION FOUND ON SUN COUNTRY'S WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY CONCERNING THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS OFFERED OR PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH SUN COUNTRY'S WEBSITE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABLITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY. IN NO EVENT SHALL SUN COUNTRY OR ITS PREFERRED PARTNERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF , OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, THE USE OF SUN COUNTRY'S WEBSITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE SUN COUNTRY'S WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION (INCLUDING COMPANY INFORMATION), SOFTWARE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH SUN COUNTRY'S WEBSITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF SUN COUNTRY'S WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SUN COUNTRY OR ITS PREFERRED PARTNERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/ JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injuries caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication-line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
While Sun Country takes reasonable steps to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access to your private information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access and we make no warranty, express or implied, or otherwise that we will prevent unauthorized access to your private information. IN NO EVENT SHALL SUN COUNTRY OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, A THIRD PARTY'S UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUN COUNTRY WAS GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE.
Note - This document is in Adobe Acrobat PDF format and requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader program. If you do not have this program, click here to download.
UFlex Change Fee Protection Sun Country offers UFlex change fee protection in conjunction with flight purchase. To view the UFlex terms and conditions, please click here.
Travel insurance must be purchased at the time of travel booking and cannot be purchased after the booking has been completed and confirmed.
- To learn more about the Air Ticket Protection Plan (ATPP) travel insurance, please click here.
- For terms and conditions of Bronze Plan travel insurance, please click here.
- For terms and conditions of Ufly Plan travel insurance, please click here.
Credit Card Purchase Terms
Tickets purchased within 48 hours of travel may require the purchasing card holder to present the purchasing credit card and government issued photo identification for verification at the airport during check-in.
Please note: The purchaser may need to find alternate ticketing arrangements (i.e. travel agency) if unable present themselves at the departing airport at the time of check-in.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement governing access to, dealings with and of the website. Separate agreements may attach to any goods, products or services you obtain, use or purchase from the website.
Any failure of Sun Country to assert any rights it may have under this agreement does not constitute a waiver of our right to assert the same or any other right at any other time or against any other person or entity. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the then invalid or unenforceable provision will be stricken from this Agreement without affecting the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
Sun Country Vacations Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing Sun Country Vacations. To ensure that you understand the conditions of your vacation, please read the following terms and conditions completely.
*All hotel and flight taxes and fees required to be listed by the U.S. government ARE INCLUDED: Federal Excise taxes, Passenger Facility Charges, September 11th Security Fees, any applicable International Air Transportation Taxes, and other U.S. and foreign user, inspection, security, or other similarly based charges, fees, or taxes: as well as fuel surcharges, if applicable.
- All prices quoted are in U.S. dollars and are confirmed at the time of reservation.
- Prices are not retroactive. Any subsequent rate reduction cannot be applied to an existing Sun Country Vacations package.
- Prices include charges for planning, servicing and operating packages and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices DO NOT include the following: passport and visa fees as required by destination country, some foreign departure taxes and other government-imposed charges; and MAY NOT include porterage, gratuities, resort fees or energy surcharges.
- Sun Country Vacations is not responsible for personal injury or property damage caused by any negligent act or omission by the hotel or other suppliers of any of the services being offered in connection with this trip, unless there is negligence on our part. However, in no event shall Sun Country Vacations be liable for consequential damages. Sun Country Vacations reserves the right to substitute accommodations due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Sun Country Vacations does not accept responsibility for loss of or damage to luggage or any belongings while in the custody of any hotel or bus/transfer company.
- We suggest you check in at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure and report to the gate at least 45 minutes before departure time. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in the loss of your seat.
- Sun Country Airlines have specific luggage allowances. It is the passenger’s responsibility to comply with those allowances, or excess/overweight baggage charges may apply and will be collected at the ticket counter of the departing airport.
- Sun Country Airlines Checked and Carry- on Baggage:
- Passengers may pre-pay their checked baggage fees online or with our reservations agents up to two hours before their scheduled departure on domestic flights and up to 24 hours in advance for international flights. The pre-pay cost for the first bag is $20 each way and a second bag is $30 each way.
- Baggage fees paid at the airport are $25 for the first bag each way; $35 for the second bag each way.
- Each bag is not to exceed 62 linear inches (length plus width plus height) or 50 pounds. Additional bags, as well as bags over 62 linear inches or 50 pounds, are subject to an excess baggage fee of $75 each.
- Carry- on policy provides each ticketed passenger the following allowance at no additional charge: one (1) carry-on bag which may not exceed the dimensions of 24” long x 16” wide x 11” tall (including wheels, handles, or any other protruding items), and may not exceed 35 pounds in weight. Additionally, passengers may also carry one (1) smaller personal item (e.g. purse, laptop, etc.) which may not exceed dimensions of 16” long x 11” wide x 8” tall. This item must be stowed under the seat in from of passenger.
- For more information, visit our website at www.suncountry.com.
- By purchasing, you agree to receive e-mails related to your trip with Sun Country Vacations.
- Ufly bonus points, in addition to credited flight points, are earned with the purchase of an air and hotel package. ufly account number must be applied to your booking prior to departure.
- Passengers flying on ufly awards will not receive mileage credit and are not eligible for any bonus miles.
- Sun Country Vacations reserves the right to vary package inclusions, itineraries, options, and in some cases, hotels if necessary.
- Once payment is applied, applicable cancellation and/or change fees will be assessed, some may be non-refundable.
- Additional fees (departure taxes, etc.) may be charged due to changes in regulations and policies.
- Name changes made to confirmed hotel, car rental or activity bookings may result in price change to the current available rate.
- Purchases of car rentals, activities, and transfers are non-refundable.
- Domestic Travel: All passengers 18 years of age or older are required to present one form of government-issued photo ID (such as a valid driver’s license) or two forms of non- photo identification, one of which must be state or federal agency- issued (such as a U.S. Social Security card), before boarding a flight. Failure to present positive identification can result in denied boarding and no refunds will be granted.
- Proof of Citizenship: To enter or return from a foreign country, all passengers are required to present appropriate documentation. Each country, including the USA, has different requirements and these requirements are subject to change at any time. It is the passengers’ responsibility to have the correct documentation. All adults, minors and infants must have a valid passport for international travel.
- Foreign citizens may need visas to travel to/from the U.S. Non- U.S. residents also need proof of return flight or onward flights out of the U.S. upon entering.
- Sun Country Airlines does not permit passengers who are not U.S. citizens or legal residents to travel on a one- way tickets into the United States.
- Sun Country Airlines does not permit minors (passengers under the age of 18) to travel internationally without being accompanied by an adult.
- Sun Country Vacations is not responsible for failure to present proper documentation. Incorrect documentation could result in denied entry and forfeiture of all monies paid.
- For the most accurate information on required documentation, click on the following link: http://travel.state.gov/ -
- All tickets must be issued by Sun Country Vacations.
- Airfares are only guaranteed upon receipt of full payment.
- Restrictions apply for unaccompanied minors. Please contact Sun Country Vacations reservations or your travel agent for further information.
- FAA regulations require that a separate seat be purchased for a child 2 years of age or older. There is no charge for lap- held children under the age of 2.
- Birth certificates may be required at check-in as proof of age.
- Passengers 15 years of age or older may legally hold a child in their lap.
- Only one child under the age of 2 years old per passenger is allowed.
If airfare was not purchased through us, and this vacation includes airport/hotel transfers, we must be advised of the flight numbers, flight arrival and departure times, and dates of travel, in order to arrange and provide your transfers. Failure to do this will result in a forfeiture of transfers and no refund will be given.
Hotel Accommodations and Activities
- Sun Country Vacations cannot guarantee fulfillment or special arrangements or requests, such as adjoining rooms, special bed configurations, or non-smoking room requests.
- At least one guest must be at least 18 or 21 (depending on hotel) at the time of check-in.
- Please see hotel profile for more information.
- Valid identification will be required.
- Hotel may require a credit card imprint or cash deposit upon check- in for incidentals, resort fees and/or security deposit, which are the responsibility of the guest.
- Handicap accessibility varies widely between hotels in international destinations; although listed as handicap accessible it may not be ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant. For specific details on the accessibility of a hotel and its rooms, please contact Sun Country Vacations.
- Handicap accessible rooms are on a request- only basis, based on availability.
- Optional sightseeing, entertainment, and/or transportation options cannot be purchased separately.
Car Rental Information
- Each rental day is based one 24-hour rental period beginning at the time you pick up your car.
- Drivers must have a valid driver’s license held for at least one year and be at least 25 years of age. Other age restrictions may vary by car rental company.
- Charges not included at the time of booking include: Collision Damage Waiver, Personal Accident Insurance, Theft Protection Coverage, gasoline, applicable taxes for optional services, local taxes, airport service charges, additional driver charges, and drop- off charges.
- On delivery of your car, you will be required to present a credit card to cover the insurance deductible.
- Car rental companies and tour operators will not make partial refunds on unused services or apply any portion of the rental to charges for gasoline, insurance, or damages.
- For reservations for travel within 30 days, full payment is required at the time the reservation is confirmed.
- Some reservations for travel outside of 31days may be held for 24 hours depending upon hotel, car or activity cancellation policies. Full payment of held bookings is due within 24 hours or booking will be cancelled.
- We accept the following forms of payment:
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express.
- Sun Country Airlines travel certificates and/or vouchers.
- Some hotels may have more restrictive rules for holiday and special packages.
Cancellation & Change Policy
If your plans change, your right to a refund is limited. To avoid cancellation fees you may consider purchasing the optional travel insurance plan. Without travel insurance, if you must cancel your reservation, make any changes to departure date, or reduce the number in the party, you will be assessed a $50.00 per person Sun Country Vacations cancellation fee plus any applicable airline, hotel or other supplier charges. Hotel cancellation and change policies are established by the hotel. Please note that there are no refunds for cancellations made 7 days or less prior to departure for air- inclusive vacations or less than 48 hours prior to departure for hotel only vacations.
Sun Country Airlines Ticket Changes/Cancellations
All air tickets are 100% nonrefundable. However, ticket value may be applied towards the air portion of a future travel package, subject to the applicable re ticketing fee, any increase in the airfare cost and applicable Sun Country Vacations revision fees. Ticketing, ticket change and ticket cancellation information for all Sun Country passengers is as follows:
- Coach class tickets are nonrefundable.
- In the case of no-show all monies are forfeited and not returned to the passenger. No ticket credit remains.
- Tickets can be changed for a fee: $100 change fee per domestic ticket, $150 per International ticket. Reservations must be cancelled prior to the flight departure time in order to retain the value of the ticket for one year from the date of purchase.
- Name changes are allowed for an additional fee of $100 change fee per domestic ticket, $150 per International ticket.
- If the fare of the new ticket is higher than the original fare, the fare difference will be collected in addition to the change fee. If the new fare is lower, the difference cannot be refunded, credited for future travel or applied towards the change fee.
- Travel must be re-booked within one (1) year from the date of purchase.
- No credits or price adjustments are made if the fare change after the ticket has been purchased.
First Class Tickets
- Unused First Class tickets are refundable if they were originally purchased and ticketed in advance in First Class; however, a $100 fee per domestic ticket or a $150 fee per international ticket will be deducted from the amount refunded.
- Full fare First Class tickets may be re-booked and not assessed a change fee.
- If the fare of the new flight is higher than the original fare, the fare difference will be charged when making the change. If the fare of the new flight is lower, difference will be refunded minus a $75 fee per domestic ticket or a $100 fee per international ticket.
- Travel must be re-booked within one (1) year from the date of purchase.
- No credits or price adjustments are made if the fare changes after the ticket has been purchased.
- Discounted First Class tickets are subject to coach ticket change fee rules.
Fees paid for advance seat selection are non-refundable and non-transferable to a new flight in the event of a change.
Sun Country Vacations and hotel suppliers must be informed of the names of replacement passengers prior to departure but reserves the right to deny any revision or replacement. No refunds will be made for missed or unused flights or most features. Some hotel rates may be non-refundable.