We're Here For You
Sun Country Airlines is committed to the safe transport of human remains, a duty performed with sensitivity, respect and careful attention to detail. Sun Country Airlines will work closely with funeral homes and mortuaries to coordinate all necessary arrangements to ensure each human remains is transported safely and securely, and as promised.
Human remains shipments require advance arrangements and must be pre-booked by calling the Sun Country Cargo Customer Service Center:
- Monday through Friday
- 07:30 to 16:30 (Central Time)
The maximum allowable weight is 500 pounds.
Drop Off / Pick Up Times
Drop Off Human remains shipments must be tendered at least two (2) hours (but not more than four (4) hours) prior to the scheduled flight departure.
Pick Up Human remains shipments are available for pick up 90 minutes after flight arrival.
Appropriate documentation must accompany each human remains. This includes either a signed certificate of death, burial permit and/or burial transit removal permit as required by local, state and federal regulations.
If the death certificate is in a language other than English, it must be accompanied by an English language translation.
Packaging & Markings
- Human remains (except cremated human remains) must be shipped in an acceptable casket and air tray, or combination unit.
- Cremated human remains must be shipped in a funeral urn, which is sufficiently cushioned by suitable packaging against breakage
- No dry ice may be shipped with the human remains
- The container must have at least six handles/straps if the weight is in excess of 80 pounds
- Shipping containers must be clearly labeled with:
- Name of deceased
- Personal items cannot be shipped on the same air waybill as human remains
Human remains shipments will only be accepted for transport from funeral homes or cremation facilities that are listed in TSA KSMS (Known Shipper Management System) database per TSA regulations.
(All applicable surcharges and taxes are included)
Intra-Continental — Lower 48 States
Inter-Continental — To/From Anchorage (ANC) and San Juan (SJU)