Travel Information For Las Vegas
What You Should Know
McCarran International Airport
Airport Code — LAS
5757 Wayne Newton Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89119-2407 USA
Travelers should arrive at the LAS ticket counter two hours prior to scheduled departure with proper identification to allow for check-in requirements and security processing.
Terminal 3, Sun Country Ticket Counter
Closes 45 minutes prior to departure
Currency — U.S. Dollar
Electricity — 110v
Entry Requirements — None for U.S. residents
Language — English
Pacific Time. Two hours earlier than Central Time.
- Taxis are probably the best way to get around, but note that traveling down the Strip can be slow (and costly, as drivers are paid by time, not distance).
- Walking is another great way to see the sights along the Strip and there are elevated trams and monorails to speed things up. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes, as the distance between casinos can be great.
- The Las Vegas Monorail is another way to travel from casino to casino. It travels from Sahara Avenue to the MGM Grand.
- Bus travel is cheap and is a good way to go between the Strip and downtown. It is safe (but watching your belongings is always recommended no matter where you are) and the people watching is free entertainment during the ride.
- A rental car can be convenient as well, especially if planning a day trip. Most casinos have large parking garages.
Las Vegas strip lit up at night