San Diego, California
The birthplace of California, San Diego was the first European settlement in California and has been an ideal destination ever since. Today, it embodies a true laid-back California culture and combines old-fashioned Mexican charm with a more contemporary edge that can be seen across its many distinct neighborhoods. Each part of San Diego has its own unique identity that is waiting to be explored. Here is a sampling of just a few:
- Coronado — Just across the bridge from downtown, Coronado offers stunning beaches, gentle surf, and quaint, small-town charm.
- Gaslamp Quarter — This area is the heart of San Diego nightlife with a high concentration of clubs, restaurants, and bars.
- La Jolla — One of the most picturesque communities San Diego has to offer with its dramatic coastline and abundance of beaches.
- Mission Bay — This area encompasses the largest recreation area in the city and is perfect for water sports.
- Point Loma — If boats are your thing, you won’t want to miss this harbor hub!
Why Go to San Diego
Everyone says the weather is perfect, and they’re right! With an average temperature of 70°F, more than 70 miles of coastline, and endless amounts of sun, this southernmost stretch of California has it all. Take advantage of our San Diego flights and give yourself the chance to explore world-class attractions, discover a vibrant arts scene, delight in exquisite local flavors, and relax in an oasis surrounded by the beauty of the Pacific Ocean. After all, there’s a reason they call it “America’s Finest City.”
Who Should Go
Between theme parks like LEGOLAND®, the San Diego Zoo, and SeaWorld®; sand castles; pool time; and other kid-friendly activities everywhere, San Diego is the ultimate destination for a memorable family trip. Not to mention, there are a ton of budget-friendly options to choose from for families who want to book San Diego vacation packages without breaking the bank.
The world-famous San Diego Zoo is just the beginning. If you include the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, Birch Aquarium, whale watching excursions, La Jolla’s Seal Rock, and, of course, SeaWorld®, it’s easy to see why animal lovers would flock here.
San Diego is recognized as one of the top craft beer destinations in the U.S. Home to more than 90 microbreweries and counting to choose from, it’s the perfect place for hops fans to wet their whistle.
La Jolla Beach