Effective, October 25, 2017, Sun Country’s baggage policies will change, based on travel dates and when the trip was booked.
Learn more about the baggage policy for:
For bookings made prior to October 25, 2017, OR for travel beginning prior to January 19, 2018, Sun Country’s previous baggage policy remains in place, where passengers may:
Baggage Fees for:
- Bookings made prior to October 25, 2017, for travel anytime OR
- Bookings made anytime for travel beginning prior to January 19, 2018. (NOTE: New baggage policies apply for travel purchased after October 25, 2017, for travel prior to January 19, 2018, that is changed at the customer's request to a travel date after January 19, 2018.)
Fees are each way.
(62 or more linear inches = length + width + height)
Checked Bag Fees $25 $35 $75 $75 $75 Sun Country Vacations
(flight and hotel package to Mexico, Costa Rica, or the Caribbean
$0 $35 $75 $75 $75 Sun Country Airlines® Visa Signature® Card2 $0 $35 $75 $75 $75 Unaccompanied Minors (UMNR)3 $0 $35 $75 $75 $75 Ufly Rewards ELITE2 $0 $0 $75 $75 $75 First Class Passengers $0 $0 $75 $75 $75 Active U.S. Military Personnel4 $0 $0 $75 $75 $75
- Prices are valid for bookings made before October 25, 2017, OR for travel before January 19, 2018.
- As of January 19, 2018, checked bag fees purchased at the airport will be $25 each, excluding oversized/overweight bags.
- Fees are each way, per bag, and are non-refundable.
1Checked bags 70 pounds or more on flights to/from Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and St. Martin/St. Maarten are not accepted. All checked bags 100 pounds or more are not accepted.
2May need to present card at airport. Free checked bags applies to all passengers on the same booking as the cardholder or ELITE member.
3To qualify for the exemption, the UMNR service fee must be paid and all required support information must be entered in the passenger’s reservation. Learn more about unaccompanied minors.
4Must present valid military ID card at airport.
PRE-PAY FOR CHECKED BAGGAGE
Passengers may pre-pay for checked baggage prior to travel by calling our Reservations Department, via the mobile app, or through online check-in* up to one hour before their scheduled departure on flights within the U.S. (two hours for Miami) and 24 or more hours in advance for international flights.
We recommend passengers print their prepaid baggage purchase confirmation email for their records and bring a copy to the airport for check-in as their receipt.
*Pre-pay via online check-in is available for U.S. travel only.
Effective October 25, 2017, Sun Country’s baggage policies will change. Depending on travel dates and when the trip was booked will determine if passengers can bring carry-on bags at no charge or for a fee. However, all carry-on bags must:
- Not exceed 24 inches long x 16 inches wide x 11 inches tall (including wheels, handles, etc.)
- Not exceed 35 pounds in weight
- Fit within the sizer box at the gate
Personal items (e.g., purse, laptop, etc.) must:
- Not exceed 17 inches long x 13 inches wide x 9 inches tall
- Be able to be stowed under the seat in front of the passenger
Passengers can transport liquids, gels, lotions, or similar items through the security checkpoint if each item is less than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) and all items fit into a transparent one quart (one liter) plastic bag. The contents must fit completely in the plastic bag and will be subjected to x-ray inspection separate from the passenger’s carry-on bag.
Passengers may also have the following items in their carry-on baggage, but must declare them to TSA at the screening checkpoint.
- Baby formula/milk (including breast milk), juice, and baby food in containers if a baby or small child is traveling.
- Medications in the form of liquid, gel, or aerosol.
- Liquids (including juice) or gels for diabetic or medical needs.
For questions, visit the TSA liquids rule
Effective October 25, 2017, Sun Country’s baggage policies will change, based on travel dates and when the trip was booked. However, all checked bags must not exceed:
- 62 linear inches (length + width + height) and
- 50 pounds.
Additional bags, as well as bags over 62 linear inches or 50 pounds, are subject to excess baggage fees for each additional piece of excess or oversized baggage.