Our carry-on policy provides each ticketed passenger the following allowance at no additional charge:
- One carry-on bag per passenger. This bag must:
- Not exceed 24 inches long x 16 inches wide x 11 inches tall (including wheels, handles, etc.)
- Not exceed 35 pounds in weight
- Fit within the sizer box at the gate
- One smaller personal item (e.g., purse, laptop, etc.). This item must:
- Not exceed 16 inches long x 11 inches wide x 9 inches tall
- Be able to be stowed under the seat in front of the passenger
Passengers can transport liquids, gels, lotions, or similar items through the security checkpoint if each item is less than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) and all items fit into a transparent one quart (one liter) plastic bag. The contents must fit completely in the plastic bag and will be subjected to x-ray inspection separate from the passenger’s carry-on bag.
Passengers may also have the following items in their carry-on baggage, but must declare them to TSA at the screening checkpoint.
- Baby formula/milk (including breast milk), juice, and baby food in containers if a baby or small child is traveling.
- Medications in the form of liquid, gel, or aerosol.
- Liquids (including juice) or gels for diabetic or medical needs.
For questions, visit the TSA liquids rule.