TSA Pre✓® is an expedited screening program that allows pre-approved airline travelers to leave on their shoes, light outerwear, and belts, keep their laptops in cases, and their 3-1-1 compliant liquids/gels bag in a carry-on in select screening lanes. TSA Pre✓® allows low-risk travelers to experience expedited, more efficient security screening at participating U.S. airport checkpoints.
Who is Eligible for TSA Pre✓®?
Those who are currently eligible for TSA Pre✓® include:
- Current members of DHS Trusted Traveler programs, including Global Entry, NEXUS, and SENTRI, who have been provided a Known Traveler Number.
- U.S. Armed Forces service members and Department of Defense civilian employees.
- Travelers 12 years of age and younger traveling with a parent or guardian who is eligible for TSA Pre✓®.
- Passengers who are randomly selected on a flight-by-flight basis.
TSA continues to incorporate random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual will be guaranteed expedited screening.
What is a Known Traveler Number?
Participants in a trusted traveler program will have received a Known Traveler Number. Armed Forces service members will provide their Department of Defense ID numbers as their Known Traveler Number. Be sure to provide this unique number when making an airline reservation, when calling reservations, or when booking online. If the reservation was already made, or the Known Traveler Number was not entered at the time of booking, it can be added one of three ways:
- During online check-in
- Via the Sun Country Airlines mobile app
- By calling Sun Country Reservations
Procedures For Check-In for Sun Country Flights
Travelers flying on Sun Country Airlines to destinations in the U.S. now have the opportunity to receive TSA Pre✓® when utilizing a printed boarding pass from home via suncountry.com, the Sun Country mobile app, or at a Sun Country ticket counter. In order for travelers to be eligible for TSA Pre✓® expedited screening, a TSA Pre✓® indicator must be printed on the boarding pass.
Sun Country Airlines offers TSA Pre✓® at these airports
International flights on Sun Country Airlines are currently not eligible for TSA Pre✓®.