Traveling Internationally With Kids

All travelers, including minors 17 years of age and under, must have a passport for travel to Mexico, Costa Rica, and the Caribbean, without exception.

Kid Listening to Headphones on an Airplane

If a minor is traveling with an adult that is not their parent/legal guardian, or if the minor is traveling with only one parent/legal guardian, a notarized letter of consent is required from both parent(s)/legal guardians. This permission must include: the name of the parent, the name of the child, the name of anyone traveling with the child, and the notarized signature(s) of the absent parent(s).

It is recommended that the permission letter include travel dates, destinations, airlines, and a brief summary of the circumstances surrounding the travel. The child must be carrying the original letter — not a facsimile or scanned copy — as well as proof of the parent/child relationship (usually a birth certificate or court document) — and an original custody decree, if applicable.

Good To Know
Sun Country Airlines does not permit minors, 17 years of age or under, to travel without an adult 18 years of age or older to/from Mexico, Costa Rica, and the Caribbean, including St. Thomas USVI.

Businessman Holding a Passport

International Travel

Whether you're bound for the Caribbean, Costa Rica or Mexico, traveling on Sun Country is always a pleasant journey. Here are some important things to know before you go.

Ticketing and Check-In Doors

Airport Check-In

To check-in for any international flight, all members of your party must see a Sun Country Airlines agent at the ticket counter.