Sun Country Airlines permits children, 5-17 years of age to travel unaccompanied on all non-stop flights within the U.S. or to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico. Please review our full policies below:
Unaccompanied Minor Program
- An unaccompanied minor is defined as a child 5-12 years of age, traveling without an adult 18 years of age or older, who has purchased the Unaccompanied Minor service.
- The unaccompanied minor service fee is $75 per family, per flight segment. This fee is in addition to the ticket price and is collected at time of booking or at the airport.
- An unaccompanied minor form must be completed at the airport with all the information about the adult dropping off the minor, the adult picking up the minor, and an emergency contact phone number.
- The adult dropping off the unaccompanied minor is required to remain at the airport until the flight has departed. The adult greeting the child at the destination must bring photo identification and arrive at the meeting area 1 hour prior to flight arrival. To receive a gate pass and access to the meeting area, check with Sun Country ticket counter agents.
- Sun Country does not permit unaccompanied minors 17 years of age or under to travel to Mexico, Costa Rica, or the Caribbean, including St. Thomas USVI.
Unaccompanied Minor Services
The $75 unaccompanied minor fee includes:
- A Sun Country Airlines employee will watch the minor from the moment they are released to board the plane until picked up at their destination. One adult will be issued a gate pass at the check-in counter to escort the minor through security to the gate and must stay in the gate area until the flight is airborne. Sun Country staff will walk the minor to the aircraft and present them to the flight attendant, together with the unaccompanied minor form. Sun Country will send a notification ahead to the arrival airport for the unaccompanied minor. After landing, a flight attendant will deliver the child and unaccompanied minor form to the airport agents who will watch the minor until met by the designated adult picking them up, either at the gate or the security checkpoint. A gate pass will be issued at the Sun Country ticket counter for one adult to pick up the minor.
- First checked bag is free of charge for the minor
- Complimentary hot sandwich or bag of chips and beverage service while in-flight
- Complimentary head set while in-flight