Pets As Carry-on Luggage
Sun Country accepts cats and dogs as carry-on baggage on select flights within the 48 contiguous United States. The following conditions apply to customers bringing a small dog or cat (these requirements do not apply to certified service/support animals):
Carry-On Pet Fees
- An advance conditional reservation is recommended per segment due to the limitation above, through Sun Country Reservations for a non-refundable fee of $125.
- Walk-up requests may be accommodated for a non-refundable fee of $199, if within the limit of four pets per aircraft.
- You must provide a carrier for your pet that has a leak-proof bottom and is well ventilated.
- Your pet in its carrier is considered a carry-on item and must be included in your regular carry-on allotment.
- Only one pet per carrier is allowed.
- Your pet must be small enough to fit comfortably in a carrier without touching or protruding from the sides of the carrier and allows space for the pet to easily stand up and move around. Most pets under 16 pounds will meet this requirement.
- The kennel must fit under the seat directly in front of you in a carrier that is no larger than 16"L x 10"W x 8"H. Your pet must remain in its carrier during the entire flight.
- Sun Country does not have carriers available at the airport.
Rules and Restrictions
- Only one pet per ticketed passenger is allowed. Advance arrangements are required and availability is limited.
- When traveling with a pet, you cannot be assigned a seat in row one, the exit row, or in the first row in Coach Class. Middle seats are most desirable and offer the greatest under-seat space. Aisle seats are undesirable due to under-seat obstructions.
- A maximum of four pets as carry-on baggage will be accepted per flight.
- Pets will not be accepted on connecting flights.
- Pets will not be accepted on stopover flights greater than five hours in duration.
- No oxygen will be administered to a pet in the event of an emergency.
- You are responsible for complying with applicable federal, state, and local, or ordinances related to pets.