Ufly Rewards Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
- The following Terms and Conditions (hereinafter "Program Rules" or "Rules") apply to the Sun Country Airlines Ufly Rewards Program. As a member in the Ufly Rewards program using this website, you agree to be bound by these Program Rules. Sun Country reserves the right to change the Ufly Rewards program rules, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or point levels for awards, tickets, and cities served, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice to you by posting updated text on this site. These changes may affect the value of the points already accumulated. Program rules published on suncountry.com supersede all information previously published and will serve as current posted program rules. You are responsible for periodically visiting this site to view any changes. If we update our Program Rules, any changes will apply to all Ufly Rewards members including members enrolled before Sun Country posted updated text. All rules are subject to interpretation solely by Sun Country.
- Ufly Rewards is a paperless, electronic customer loyalty program. Program registration is available online at suncountry.com. Program communications, promotions, offers, and information will be provided primarily through the Ufly Rewards website or direct to members via email address, and occasionally via other communication channels. Each member shall be responsible for remaining knowledgeable about their account information, accumulated points, award status, award expiration, and the program rules. This information can be found at suncountry.com.
- Participation in Ufly Rewards is for individuals and approved travel agencies. Membership is open to any individual or approved travel agency with a mailing address in North America, including Canada and Mexico. Only one person or approved travel agency may be enrolled per account. With the exception of approved travel agencies, program membership is not available to corporations, organizations, blocked-seat purchases, or legal entities. In cases where a single member holds two accounts, one account will be closed and points will be transferred to the remaining active account. Each member must provide full legal names and birthdates for all travelers as they appear on a government-issued ID or passport. Each member must also provide an individual email address in order to participate in Ufly Rewards. Members must enroll separately prior to joining a pool.
- Sun Country may withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award, increase points required for any award, modify or regulate the transferability of awards or benefits, add an unlimited number of blackout dates, or limit the number of seats available to any or all destinations.
- Sun Country will not be held liable to any member or anyone claiming through a member or on a member's behalf, for any direct, indirect or consequential damages, or lost revenue or profits, arising out of Sun Country’s acts or omissions in connection with the Ufly Rewards program.
- Except as otherwise noted below, Ufly Rewards points are non-transferable. A member may book award travel for any individual selected at time of redemption subject to all other program restrictions. Member’s Ufly Rewards points may not be transferred or assigned to anyone including member's estate, their successor, or assignees, upon death or any other circumstances.
- Ufly Rewards points and award travel/options may not be redeemed for cash, and are non-refundable.
- Ufly Rewards points or awards may not be purchased, sold, bartered, or otherwise exchanged for value. Any Sun Country points or awards that are purchased, sold, bartered, or otherwise exchanged for value are void. Violators, including any customer who uses a purchased or bartered award, may be liable for damages and litigation costs, including the actual cost of travel and/or Sun Country attorneys' fees incurred in enforcing this rule.
- Sun Country Reward points and awards are subject to applicable government regulations and are void where prohibited by law.
- Fraud, misrepresentation, abuse, or violation of applicable rules may result in administrative and/or legal action by appropriate governmental authorities and/or Sun Country. Such action may include, without limitation, the forfeiture of all Ufly Rewards points and/or awards, as well as cancellation of the member’s account and the member's future participation in Ufly Rewards. In addition, Sun Country reserves the right to take appropriate legal action to recover damages, including attorneys' fees it incurred in prosecuting any lawsuit to protect its rights under this section.
- Sun Country reserves the right to audit any account without notice should they determine any discrepancies or possible violations of these Program Rules may have occurred.
- Any disputes in connection with Ufly Rewards or these Program Rules shall be governed by Minnesota law and the Ufly Rewards member agrees to the jurisdiction of the Minnesota courts to resolve any dispute in connection with Ufly Rewards or these Program Rules.
- Privacy: By participating in the Ufly Rewards program, members understand and agree that their names, addresses, and related travel profiles may be shared with some or all Ufly Rewards partners and that they may receive promotional materials, mailings, and emails from Sun Country and its partners. Once you complete an account profile and become a member, we may occasionally use your mailing address and email address to send correspondence about Sun Country including:
- Reservation confirmations
- Updates or changes to your travel plans
- Travel reminders
- Newsletters, point statements, and travel deals
- Special discount and/or promotional offers
- Partner offers
- Up to ten Ufly Rewards members may be part of a pool.
- Only Ufly Rewards members are eligible to join a pool.
- A pool must be created by a pool administrator.
- The pool administrator's role is to manage the pooled points.
- Pooled points may be redeemed for award travel for any traveler.
- Pooled points are only redeemable by the pool administrator.
- Only one person in the pool may be the pool administrator.
- The pool administrator may step down from being the pool administrator by gaining approval of all members of the pool via the Ufly Reward's online replacement process. A new administrator must be named in this process.
- There is no cost to be part of a pool.
- There are no transfer fees for sharing points in a pool.
- By joining a pool, members agree to abide by the rules of the Ufly Rewards program.
- A pool may be disbanded at any time according to the online process or by calling Ufly Rewards Member Support.
- Pool participants may exit the pool at any time via the appropriate online process or by calling Ufly Rewards Member Support.
- Each member of the pool may allocate as many or as few of their pool-qualifying points to the pool as desired.
- Pool participants may recall some or all of their points at any time from the pool. Pooled points are earmarked for the pool, but not committed until points are actually redeemed for award travel.
Earning Ufly Rewards Points
- Points are earned for a qualifying purchase upon completion of travel and not on the date of the qualifying purchase. Points may be earned as follows:
- 10 points per $1 spent on qualifying Sun Country Airlines flights, flight and hotel packages, first class upgrades, premium seat assignments, travel protection, checked bags, and fees. On-board and some airport purchases are not eligible. Points will be awarded according to this earning structure for travel on or after July 1, 2016.
- One-way is defined as travel on Sun Country scheduled flights including any stops and/or connections as long as a through fare between origin and destination is used.
- Partner Offers as described in each partners' terms and conditions.
- Alamo and National Car Rental purchases that are made directly with Partner link or CID code located on suncountry.com: 300 base points per rental. Ufly member number must be provided to Alamo and National Car Rental.
- Bookings made through Apple Vacations® or Funjet Vacations® earn between 750 – 1,500 points each way for Preferred Partner Discount fares, Net fares, and Block Program fares. All other Net fare programs earn 10 points per $1 spent.
- Ufly Rewards points will post to a member account within 7-14 days after travel has been completed.
- Points are earned for travel on valid published prices (unless otherwise noted) via valid routes and partner relationships as set by Sun Country. Points cannot be earned on the following fare types:
- Sun Country award tickets
- No value or free tickets
- Certain discounted tickets
- Others as may be defined from time to time
- Ufly Rewards points may be earned through travel on Sun Country. The person named on the reservation will earn points (regardless of who made the qualifying purchase) and the name entered on the reservation must match the member name on the Ufly Rewards account. For travel purchased with multiple passengers on the reservation, the total value of the package will be divided by the number of passengers on the reservation. The resulting per person point value will be awarded to each member whose Ufly Rewards number is on the reservation.
- It is the sole responsibility of each member to provide their Ufly Rewards account number when making qualifying purchases. If a member fails to provide their Ufly Rewards account number when making a qualifying purchase, no Ufly Rewards points will be awarded. Members must provide their Ufly Rewards membership number:
- At time of purchase or prior to departure through suncountry.com
- At time of purchase or before departure flight through Sun Country Reservations toll-free at 800-359-6786 or 651-905-2737 for Minneapolis/St. Paul local calls (Monday through Sunday, 6am - 11pm Central Time).
- At time of purchase or before departure flight through Sun Country Ufly Rewards Department toll-free at 855-263-Ufly (8359) or 651-905-2778 for Minneapolis/St. Paul local calls (Monday through Friday, 8am - 7pm Central Time, excluding major holidays).
- At time of purchase of a Sun Country scheduled flight made through independent travel agencies, including online agencies.
- In the case of a delay or cancellation, where a member has been re-accommodated on another airline, it is the member's responsibility to mail Sun Country a boarding pass, flight number, date of travel, and Ufly Rewards account number in order to receive points for that flight. Ufly Rewards points for such retroactive accommodation flights could take up to 4-6 weeks to be verified and reflected in a member's account. Please mail or fax the above details and information to:
Sun Country Airlines
Attn: Ufly Rewards Program Headquarters
1300 Corporate Center Curve
Eagan, MN 55121
- Ufly Rewards points will not be awarded on unused, cancelled, forfeited, refunded, or fraudulent travel bookings, or on additional travel purchased on the same flight under the same name for any reason. Points may be credited to a customer’s account for denied boarding subject to Sun Country discretion and pursuant to all other point accrual rules. Points can only be accumulated once per flight per member, regardless of the number of seats purchased.
- If Sun Country improperly denies a member point credit, liability will be limited to the equivalent credit of valid accrual.
- Sun Country may periodically offer bonus points or promotional incentives. Such offers may be temporary in nature. Sun Country reserves the right to modify or eliminate such offers at any time. The offers are void where prohibited by law. In the case of an enrollment bonus offer, limit one enrollment bonus per member.
- Ufly Rewards points will not expire as long as the member maintains activity in the program. Program activity includes one of the following completed at least once every three years: earning points, redeeming any number of points, or making a donation of points to Make-A-Wish® Minnesota.
- Retroactive credit will be given for travel up to 90 days prior to request date. Must be a Ufly Rewards member on date of retro request.
Redeeming Ufly Rewards Points for Award Travel
- Award Travel is subject to Sun Country’s Contract of Carriage and Passenger Rules Tariffs on file with the Department of Transportation ("tariffs") except the cancellation and change policies set forth therein. All award travel must be via published Sun Country routes where Sun Country publishes fares and package pricing. Award travel is defined as travel on Sun Country scheduled flights and flight + hotel package offerings including any stops and/or connections as long as a through fare between origin and destination is published.
- Ufly Rewards points are available to be redeemed once points are deposited in a member account. Members may be notified of their account balance via email statements and may also access account balance details at suncountry.com. Notwithstanding the notification of account standing via email, the member remains responsible for maintaining a current email, as Sun Country shall not be responsible for account notifications that are undeliverable.
- Award travel redemption options include all qualifying Sun Country published flights or flight and hotel packages. Please note: seat and bag fees may be paid with points on new reservations only made on or after May 29, 2016. Points may not be redeemed for purchases at the airport or onboard.
- Ufly Rewards points may be redeemed for awards online at suncountry.com or by calling Sun Country Reservations toll-free at 800-359-6786 or 651-905-2737 for Minneapolis/St. Paul local calls (Monday through Sunday, 6am - 11pm Central Time) or through the Sun Country Ufly Rewards Department toll-free at 855-263-Ufly (8359) or 651-905-2778 for Minneapolis/St. Paul local calls (Monday through Friday, 8am - 7pm Central Time, excluding major holidays).
- Ufly Rewards points can be redeemed by Ufly Rewards members only and not through any third party.
- Points may only be used to redeem for award travel once per booking.
- Points may be redeemed for an upgrade on any flight within the U.S. 50 states, within 24 hours of departure, where space is available. International upgrades are not available at this time. To redeem points for a domestic upgrade, check-in online at suncountry.com within 24 hours of flight and follow the prompts, or call Ufly Rewards Member Support at 855-263-8359 or 651-905-2778 Monday through Friday 8am - 7pm Central Time (excluding major holidays) or Sun Country Reservations at 800-359-6786 or 651-905-2737 6am - 11pm Central Time.
- Points may be redeemed from a pool for award travel by the pool administrator only.
- Ufly Rewards points may be donated in any amount to Make-A-Wish® Minnesota. Donation can be made online at suncountry.com. (The IRS recognizes frequent flier award points as a gift or an award from the corporation to the individual. Therefore, frequent flier points donated to charity are not considered tax deductible.)
- Award options are redeemable pursuant to the applicable redemption rates as posted on suncountry.com or as otherwise published by Sun Country. Point award levels are subject to change without notice. If the award booking is re-issued, new award point requirements may apply.
- All award redemptions must have confirmed flight reservations on all flight segments; no open tickets are issued. Ufly Rewards Award reservations can be cancelled and in lieu of points being re-deposited, Sun Country will issue a voucher for the remaining value of the reservation total, less applicable cancellation fees. A $50 fee per domestic ticket or a $100 fee per international ticket (additional hotel penalties may apply) will be charged at time of cancellation. Upon cancellation, a voucher will be issued to the member who made the purchase/redemption for the remaining value of the reservation total. Name changes are allowed for an additional fee of $15 per ticket. In the event a passenger has not cancelled the ticketed flight reservation prior to the scheduled departure time, the ticket shall have no value and all monies and Ufly Rewards points are forfeited and will not be returned to the passenger. No ticket credit remains.
- A member can use points to have an award ticket issued in the name of another person.
- Ufly Rewards points may be used to purchase an airline ticket, flight and hotel package, add ons and first class upgrades. Note: seat and bag fees may be paid with points on new reservations only made on or after May 29, 2016. If the member does not have enough points to cover the full cost, the balance must be paid by credit card at the time award travel is ticketed. Member or the passenger is also responsible for all required travel documentation necessary for travel. Tax consequences for awards, if any, are the responsibility of the Ufly Rewards member.
- The sale, purchase, barter, resale or in-kind exchange of a Ufly Rewards award ticket is strictly prohibited. Sun Country reserves the right to confiscate tickets at any time and require full payment of travel on said ticket. Member is responsible for payment of any violation travel, damages, attorney's fees and court costs. Member's account may be closed and all points may be forfeited.
- Delays or cancellations by Sun Country will be re-accommodated based on availability and standard Sun Country reservations guidelines. We will always do our very best to serve you.
Sun Country Airlines® Visa Signature® Credit Card Rewards
Customers with a Sun Country Airlines® Visa Signature® Card (“Sun Country Card”) can earn additional Ufly Rewards points through the Sun Country Credit Card Rewards Program (the “Credit Card Rewards Program”). First Bankcard®, a division of First National Bank of Omaha (“First Bankcard”) is the issuer of the Sun Country Card and the sponsor of the Credit Card Rewards Program. Refer to the Credit Card Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.
Points earned under the Credit Card Rewards Program will be reported to the Ufly Rewards Program automatically after each Billing Cycle. A “Billing Cycle” is the interval between the days or dates of regular periodic statements for the Sun Country Card, whether or not a periodic statement is received. Sun Country Airlines will make each point earned by a Cardmember under the Credit Card Rewards Program available as one Ufly Rewards point in his or her Ufly Rewards account. Points earned through the Credit Card Rewards Program will generally be available for redemption within two days after being reported to the Ufly Rewards Program. Points reported to the Ufly Rewards Program are governed by the terms and conditions of the Ufly Rewards Program and are only redeemable through the Ufly Rewards Program.
- Sun Country Card cardmembers will be entitled to one free checked bag, provided the cardmember presents the actual Sun Country Card in person and at the ticket counter at check-in. Certain conditions and limitations apply. For example, bags exceeding size and weight restrictions are subject to excess baggage fees.
- Companions who are traveling on the same reservation as the Sun Country Card cardmember will also be entitled to one free checked bag, provided the cardmember presents the actual Sun Country Card in person and at the ticket counter at check-in. Certain conditions and limitations apply. For example, bags exceeding size and weight restrictions are not eligible. Cardholder and travel companions must travel and check-in together to get waived bag fees for each passenger in the reservation.
- The Sun Country Card cardmember must travel to receive benefits for a travel companion. Waived fees are not valid if a cardmember books a flight for another traveler, but does not travel.
- An authorized user on the Sun Country Card account will be entitled to one free checked bag, provided he/she presents the actual Sun Country Card in person at the ticket counter at check-in. The Sun Country Card cardmember does not need to be present for the authorized user to receive his/her one checked bag for free.
- The name on the Sun Country Card must match the name on the traveler's boarding pass.
- No waiver of a checked bag fee will be given if the actual Sun Country Card is not presented at the ticket counter at check-in. Account statements or an online view of a cardmember’s credit card account via a mobile phone or other device are not acceptable.
- Once they have been reported to the Ufly Rewards Program, points earned through Sun Country Card purchases qualify for pooling under the Ufly Rewards Program.
- Points earned for purchases made by any authorized user(s) on the Sun Country Card cardmember's account are earned and applied to the credit cardholder’s Ufly Rewards Program account.
- Purchase a Sun Country Airlines international vacations package with the Sun Country Card and get a $100 Sun Country Airlines travel certificate for future travel:
- To qualify, Sun Country Airlines international vacations package must be paid in full and half or more of payment must be paid for using the Sun Country Card.
- A qualifying international vacation package must include a Sun Country international flight and hotel purchase.
- No limit to number of $100 travel certificates earned as long as qualifying criteria are met; however, only one travel certificate may be earned per cardmember per booking.
- Contracted groups do not qualify for $100 travel certificate.
- Travel certificate will be delivered 4-6 weeks after qualifying purchase is paid in full.
- Travel certificate will be awarded in the form of a $100 travel voucher redeemable for future travel on Sun Country Airlines and will be delivered via email to the email address on record in the cardmember’s Ufly Rewards Program profile.
Aspects of this program are covered by one or more of the following patents: U.S. Patent No. 5,774,870; U.S. Patent No. 6,009,412; and U.S. Patent No 6,578,012.